Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Two Rules

There are two rules you must abide by if you are going anywhere in Houston- check the weather and check the traffic before you leave. I broke both those rules on Sunday and boy did I pay for it. I had to pick up Craig from the airport and I thought I'd leave a little early and go to the arboretum for a little walk with the kids. It was overcast when I left our home but by the time I got to the park, big juicy raindrops started falling so we didn't even get out of the car. We then got back on the freeway which quickly turned into a parking lot because of the storm and flooded frontage roads. So instead of a nice Sunday afternoon walk in nature we spent all our extra time in the car. Sierra just sat in her seat and sang songs about silly cars swimming in the water while Gideon just cried- I think the very loud thunder and heavy rain scared him a bit. We were sure happy to get to the airport. Anyway, next time I pack the kids in the car and plan to go more than a few miles I'll follow the rules.


Yummy! Gideon loves to eat!

Sierra showing off her new hat from her Grandma that she LOVES!



1 comment:

Dave and Becky said...

Look at that dirty face! I haven't let Isaac eat by himself like that; look at how we are missing out. Guess I forgot how old he is already... it's kinda escaping me. So sad to hear your tale of the missed arboretum, sounds like crazy weather! People would try to drive through washed out roads in Kansas all the time and get stuck. Way to just wait it out! It's so cute that Sierra just sang! What a cutie.