Saturday, July 17, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
- Starting food storage- finally! I have enough oats and wheat for one month. Got to start somewhere.
- Making our own bread. So delicious and much easier than you think. Here's one of my favorite whole wheat bread recipes: http://trainermomma.com/
- Learning to speak! Six months ago, Gideon began speech therapy due to verbal apraxia. He is now speaking at age appropriate levels. I can finally communicate with my little guy! It's amazing how his progress has lowered the frustration levels in our home.
- Watching our new home be built. At the end of June our home should be finished and we can say adios to apartment living- yahoo!
- Spending lots of time outdoors. I can't remember a more beautiful spring in Texas. We've gone camping, explored big parks and spent many many afternoons at local parks.
- Playing soccer and "baseball". Sierra has become a little sporty girl who wants to play soccer and hit balls with tennis racquet's at any chance. I toyed with the idea of getting her a real bat then quickly realized that a small apartment, a bat and a two year old boy just don't mix well.
- Going on fun dates. Craig and I went to a Houston rockets game last month and went to a Miller Outdoor Theater production of Cats this month. We both look forward to these nights when parenting responsibilities are put aside and we can focus on having fun together.
- Teaching the primary children the stories from the Old Testament. A great opportunity to learn more about the amazing men and women who made righteous choices for the benefit of generations.
- Trying to spend more time with each other rather than the computer.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
- I love being home with my children
- I love eating fresh whole wheat bread
- I love that my parents have sacrificed just about everything to serve the Lord as missionaries in Mexico
- I love that my new apartment has a garage- attached!
- I love days when we go nowhere and just hang out together as a family
- I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the peace I feel and the great love in my heart comes from my Savior.
- I love that my parents, my big sisters (4 of them) and my little brothers (4 of them) connect everyday- thank you myfamily.com
- I love that pure burst of joy when my 2 year old does something he couldn't do before
- I love the blogs from good friends that help me keep in touch and inspire me
- I love that my husband has a job that he loves and that is now just 1.25 miles from our home.
- I love sunshine
- I love that my 4 year old dances everyday and would rather snuggle on the couch with mom or dad and a good book than do just about anything.
- I love that I live in America
- I love the power in myself that I feel after I go for a good morning run
- I love reading the Book of Mormon and learning from those great scripture hero's
- I love that my little ones now drink spinach and call it dinosaur juice
- I love the goodness that surrounds me in this world.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Friday, January 1, 2010
- Eat cookies on the weekends only
- Pay cash for groceries (when it's gone, it's gone)
- Run a 10k this spring
- Attend the temple at least monthly
- Learn to cook five good meals
- Go on a hike with my children each month
- Study my scriptures sitting up at my desk each day (so I don't fall asleep)
- Go on a date with my handsome husband each month
- Spend more time reflecting on the blessings from above
- Take new pictures of my kiddos and update this blog!
Perhaps I'm a bit ambitious as this is just a few that I'm planning on working through this year. But just for today I'm going to move full steam ahead and then tomorrow I'll do it and then the next and hopefully in a few weeks, then months I'll be more of where I need to be. Hooray for the possibilities of change!!