5 things about Gideon that we love
- He is utterly unpredictable. He'll laugh with you or just screech. You never quite know what he'll do. He often greets people with these awful grumpy eyes but just as easily he'll give a big nearly toothless grin.
- He wakes up incredibly happy. When his eyes open his mouth turns up in a smile and he is ready to play.
- He adores his big sister. If he wakes up from his nap first, he'll go wake her up too so they can play. When they shared a bed they would often end up just giggling together.
- He is fascinated by things that move and can be manipulated. With amazing focus, he will sit and watch something move or attempt to manipulate something into action.
- He is a sensitive boy who lets us know when he's had enough. He helps keep me focused on the simple (often quiet) things that bring happiness.
I know this next year will bring many changes as he totters on two feet for the first time, utters his first words and begins the process of emerging into a little boy. I'm so grateful for this little one in our home.