Saturday, July 17, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
- Starting food storage- finally! I have enough oats and wheat for one month. Got to start somewhere.
- Making our own bread. So delicious and much easier than you think. Here's one of my favorite whole wheat bread recipes: http://trainermomma.com/
- Learning to speak! Six months ago, Gideon began speech therapy due to verbal apraxia. He is now speaking at age appropriate levels. I can finally communicate with my little guy! It's amazing how his progress has lowered the frustration levels in our home.
- Watching our new home be built. At the end of June our home should be finished and we can say adios to apartment living- yahoo!
- Spending lots of time outdoors. I can't remember a more beautiful spring in Texas. We've gone camping, explored big parks and spent many many afternoons at local parks.
- Playing soccer and "baseball". Sierra has become a little sporty girl who wants to play soccer and hit balls with tennis racquet's at any chance. I toyed with the idea of getting her a real bat then quickly realized that a small apartment, a bat and a two year old boy just don't mix well.
- Going on fun dates. Craig and I went to a Houston rockets game last month and went to a Miller Outdoor Theater production of Cats this month. We both look forward to these nights when parenting responsibilities are put aside and we can focus on having fun together.
- Teaching the primary children the stories from the Old Testament. A great opportunity to learn more about the amazing men and women who made righteous choices for the benefit of generations.
- Trying to spend more time with each other rather than the computer.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
- I love being home with my children
- I love eating fresh whole wheat bread
- I love that my parents have sacrificed just about everything to serve the Lord as missionaries in Mexico
- I love that my new apartment has a garage- attached!
- I love days when we go nowhere and just hang out together as a family
- I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the peace I feel and the great love in my heart comes from my Savior.
- I love that my parents, my big sisters (4 of them) and my little brothers (4 of them) connect everyday- thank you myfamily.com
- I love that pure burst of joy when my 2 year old does something he couldn't do before
- I love the blogs from good friends that help me keep in touch and inspire me
- I love that my husband has a job that he loves and that is now just 1.25 miles from our home.
- I love sunshine
- I love that my 4 year old dances everyday and would rather snuggle on the couch with mom or dad and a good book than do just about anything.
- I love that I live in America
- I love the power in myself that I feel after I go for a good morning run
- I love reading the Book of Mormon and learning from those great scripture hero's
- I love that my little ones now drink spinach and call it dinosaur juice
- I love the goodness that surrounds me in this world.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Friday, January 1, 2010
- Eat cookies on the weekends only
- Pay cash for groceries (when it's gone, it's gone)
- Run a 10k this spring
- Attend the temple at least monthly
- Learn to cook five good meals
- Go on a hike with my children each month
- Study my scriptures sitting up at my desk each day (so I don't fall asleep)
- Go on a date with my handsome husband each month
- Spend more time reflecting on the blessings from above
- Take new pictures of my kiddos and update this blog!
Perhaps I'm a bit ambitious as this is just a few that I'm planning on working through this year. But just for today I'm going to move full steam ahead and then tomorrow I'll do it and then the next and hopefully in a few weeks, then months I'll be more of where I need to be. Hooray for the possibilities of change!!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
The Christmas Spirit
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Camping on the beach is amazing and a great perk of living along the Gulf Coast.
Thanks Petty's for inviting us along.
Belle and "woof woof" showing you their version of a scary face.
Grandma Nae Nae came to visit (really to babysit the children)and so a trip to the aquarium was in order. Sierra loved riding the shark train.
The pictures of Grand Cayman are on the water camera. Unfortunately due to all the storms, there wasn't time to scuba dive so we ended up snorkeling along the shore- still amazing and a place we definitely want to return to.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Craig starts a new job tomorrow! He will be a finance manager for an oil servicing company here in Houston. He is sooo excited for this position as it's one he's looked forward to for many years. I'm excited that there is practically zero travel. The job is on the other side of town so we are looking for a place to call home closer to his work. Hopefully soon I can post that we have a home of our own.
Sierra started going to preschool. She goes Friday mornings for an hour and a half with two other little girls. They rotate homes, so once a month I get to teach the little darlings. I still do preschool with her everyday at home and love the opportunity to incorporate gospel teaching into the curriculum. I love that part of my "job" and am considering starting a preschool once we have a place of our own.
Gideon just turned two! What a happy boy he was blowing out his candles and opening up presents. I love this age of discovery and excitement over everything. The emotions are so pure- two years old is one of my favorite ages! Though his cognitive and motor skills are at 30 months, his speech is just at 12 months, so he starts speech therapy next week. He tries so hard to speak but it just isn't working for him.
I am getting so anxious for the fall weather and the upcoming holidays. I love that feeling of change in the air when you can begin to anticipate wonderful things coming your way.