Wednesday, October 24, 2018

It's about time!

This morning as I drove the kids through the drizzling rain to school, they googled their names and this little blog popped up on their search.  They were so amazed that I had a blog and then came the question, "why did you stop?" Well... I got busy and blogging as a fad faded away, and then facebook seemed to take over and the need to communicate in this format dissipated somewhat.  The rain continued to drizzle and instead of searching for the dinner recipe I hopped onto the blog and read those entries. Wow!  I'm so grateful to have those memories preserved somewhere.  Life has changed so drastically, I felt like I was reading about someone else life.  So much has changed and yet so much remains the same.  Those kids were the focus and purpose of my life then and remain that way today.  Home and family continue to hold status as priority number one for me.  It hasn't always been easy, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

So for a family update...

Craig is working in Springfield, Missouri running the finances for a business out there.  It's not his favorite, but he works hard for us.  We miss him during the week but have become even more fond of weekend family time. We are so grateful for modern technology that allows us to talk to him on the way to school, chat about our day in the afternoon and read scriptures with him at night.

Sierra is growing up- especially if you look at the last picture of her on this blog.  She'll be a teenager soon, which seems crazy to me.  Though she has physically changed a lot her sweet personality hasn't changed much.  She still loves to sing, be with friends and help others.  She is inclusive, helpful and kind.  She still loves to snuggle and read (especially on rainy days) and dance around the house. She is keen to listen and learn from others and is obedient. In the morning you'll find her in a cozy chair reading her scriptures and this is also where you will find her right before bed.  I love being her mom!

Gideon has only intensified through the years and keeps me on my toes.  He is a quick learner and thinks deeply and logically.  His joy is solving problems (escape rooms are his favorite!!).  He is a voracious reader which is why when I make him go outside to play I have to specifically ban books.  He loves deeply and has a great sense of humor.  As a very young 6th grader, he is working to find his place in middle school.  He's at drama club this afternoon- hope it's going well!  I am often in awe at his abilities and can't wait to see what life has in store for him.


Me.  Well, for right now I am a homemaker.  I love being truly present for my family and not juggling so much.  In just a few short years these kids will be off on their own so I am trying to soak up time with them and help prepare them for that impeding indolence.  I have been spending some time on me and figuring out next steps. Life is a journey for sure!


1 comment:

joemill00077711 said...

The next time I learn a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I do know it was my option to read, however I really thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you may fix when you werent too busy in search of attention. online gambling