- Starting food storage- finally! I have enough oats and wheat for one month. Got to start somewhere.
- Making our own bread. So delicious and much easier than you think. Here's one of my favorite whole wheat bread recipes: http://trainermomma.com/
- Learning to speak! Six months ago, Gideon began speech therapy due to verbal apraxia. He is now speaking at age appropriate levels. I can finally communicate with my little guy! It's amazing how his progress has lowered the frustration levels in our home.
- Watching our new home be built. At the end of June our home should be finished and we can say adios to apartment living- yahoo!
- Spending lots of time outdoors. I can't remember a more beautiful spring in Texas. We've gone camping, explored big parks and spent many many afternoons at local parks.
- Playing soccer and "baseball". Sierra has become a little sporty girl who wants to play soccer and hit balls with tennis racquet's at any chance. I toyed with the idea of getting her a real bat then quickly realized that a small apartment, a bat and a two year old boy just don't mix well.
- Going on fun dates. Craig and I went to a Houston rockets game last month and went to a Miller Outdoor Theater production of Cats this month. We both look forward to these nights when parenting responsibilities are put aside and we can focus on having fun together.
- Teaching the primary children the stories from the Old Testament. A great opportunity to learn more about the amazing men and women who made righteous choices for the benefit of generations.
- Trying to spend more time with each other rather than the computer.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
We Love Spring!
Here's what we've been up to in my over two months of blogging absence: