Sunday, July 6, 2008

Beach Trip

I love the 4th of July! I love the patriotic songs and the beautiful fireworks but most especially I love that I most often get to spend it with my family. This year I was blessed to spend the holiday with my Texas siblings. My brother from Austin and my sister from Kingsvale met on the beach in Corpus Christi. We spent the holiday together with our little ones (eight of them 4 and under). It was such fun to create happy memories of being together. I am so grateful for families!

Gideon is my nature boy who loves being outdoors. The beach was no different. He LOVED everything about it- the sand, watching the birds, and listening to the waves come and go.
Vacations are such a great time to really focus on family without the distractions of everyday life. I loved the afternoon we spent at the beach with just our little family. This is the group! There was never a dull (or a quiet) moment with all these little ones.


2 comments:

Dave and Becky said...

How fun for you to get together with family. I have no doubt you are enjoying your time alone again as a family, but it's bitter-sweet too. So nice to still be relatively close so you can get together for fun times like these! Looks like you had a great time. Little Gideon is just a doll.

Hannah Stevenson said...

Wow, so cool to see Josh and Merilee and their families! I bet you guys had a blast.