Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had such a wonderful Easter. Little children truly make holidays fun and exciting. Sierra was thrilled with her easter basket which contained snacks for church and books. I made her a little "Jesus book" that she thinks is a singing book. I had to take it away during church because she was singing a little too loud at all the wrong times. She also got two easter dresses (thanks Grandma Miller) and had to model them before choosing which one to wear. She is such a little girl! We got to eat two delicious dinners- the advantages of having both our families so close by. Saturday we dyed eggs and had an egg hunt at my mom's house. Sierra was more interested in the swings and just wandering outside than in finding easter eggs so my 5 year old nephew and I got to enjoy the hunt all to ourselves.


Last week I was also able to visit with some of my high school friends Laney and Holly. It was so fun to chat and catch up on our lives that have gone in such different directions. I am ever so grateful for friends who help us through the many stages of life. What would life be like without good friends?


We also welcomed two new boys to our family last week. My brother Josh and his wife Juli who live in Austin, Texas had a little boy- Stewart last sunday. Yesterday my sister Allison who lives here in Sparks had a little boy- Isaac. There's nothing like new babies to celebrate springtime.


3 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Wow! So fun to see Laney and Holly! And Sierra looks so pretty in *one* of her easter dresses. Congrats to Josh and Allison too...wow...this post was full of good stuff! Love you Lynette!

Joy said...

They are so cute together! We miss you guys. I am so glad you have a blog so we can keep up. :)

Dave and Becky said...

Happy late Easter! What a cute pic of the kiddies. Gideon looks so grown up! That's funny that Sierra didn't care to find eggs. Morgan thought it was fun to put eggs in her basket, but she only got a few because she deliberately selected the ones "worthy" of her easter basket! Definitely a girl. Always fun to see updates!