Monday, March 17, 2008

Road Trip!

Craig and I just returned from a quick road trip to Utah and back. We left Friday night, and after a gazillion stops to secure our load of furniture and after using two rolls of duct tape on it we finally arrived in Provo early Saturday morning. My little brother Tim and his darling bride of three months are living there in a cute old house without any furniture. We unloaded the furniture to the happy and grateful couple (they now have a couch to sit on). We then stopped by Sandy to have lunch with Craig's grandparents. Sierra insisted on having her own "to go" box which she filled with rice (which promptly fell all over the car). My Grandma Loveland in Ogden was our next stop where we stayed the night. Sierra loved playing with her two puppies and I loved sitting by the warm fire. Sunday morning we hit the road again for home. The amazing thing was how wonderfully behaved our children were. I couldn't believe that they sat in the car the whole day with hardly a whine or a cry. Sierra read books, colored, sang and talked and talked and talked. Gideon just slept and played with his car seat toys. Wow I'm ready to go on a longer trip now.

Gideon with his Great-Grandma Loveland

4 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

I remember Grandma Loveland. We stayed there a couple of times...she was always so kind and their home was so comfortable. Glad the trip was a success...next time come and see US in American Fork won't ya?

jaacs said...

hey! Do you guys remember me? I went to the Singles Ward with you all before you were married and I think Craig and I attended one year of high school together. Anyway, found your blog when I was looking at Hannah's and just wanted to send my hellos to everyone. You have a beautiful family. I have a 2 year old and a three month old...both girls...and the hubby and I just love them to pieces. Check out our blog if you would like. I'm making it private by the end of the week so, if you want to view it, email me at welcome2us@hotmail.com.

If you dont remember me...then I'm just a random crazy person stopping by to say hi.

'hi'!

Cnbztribe said...

Hi Lynette, it is so good to see that you guys are so happy. Your kids are so cute, and it sounds like you thoroughly enjoy them.

Cnbztribe said...

just in case you don't know who Bertha Boo is, it's me,Britta:)