Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finally- A House of Order!

Last week I decided that enough was enough. We are living in an 800 square foot apartment with all our furniture and stuff from our 2,000 square foot house + garage. Every closet was filled to the brim and every nook and cranny was filled with stuff. We decided not to move forward with the building of a new home so this apartment will be home for the foreseeable future. So I went to work and opened all the boxes (some I hadn't looked at for over two years) and went through them all. It's been a little chaotic but having a closet you can actually use is so worth it. I have sold lots of stuff on Craigslist (my new favorite thing!). We even got rid of our huge dining room table and replaced it with a more reasonable table that gives us some breathing room. We are still pretty crammed I don't have boxes falling all over the place. I didn't touch Craig's Star Wars collection but he knows that is coming some day soon...

5 comments:

Jen Petty said...

Wow, you are amazing. I am so slow at going through things... I do love craigs list though! You should have told me what you were selling! I need to get more motivated and just finish it all!

Erin Wittwer said...

Way to go! I know what you mean about not having enough living space!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Good for you! I love de-junking (that is what I call it). It is amazing how much stuff we have that we doing even use!

Hannah Stevenson said...

Good Work Lynette! I need to do this before March and our newest little addition who will be sharing a room with her sisters comes. It's going to be interesting in this little space we call "Home"...but nothing's changing so that means we need to get rid of stuff! Thanks for inspiring me;)

Maile said...

Don't you feel great getting rid of all the stuff that you don't need? I do! Hope it continues to get more organized all the time! Love ya!!