Saturday, November 29, 2008

Rainy nights

Late last night as I was laying in bed, I couldn't help but listen to the rain outside. It wasn't a horrific storm or anything- just a rain shower not unusual to Houston. It was so comforting to be in my cozy bed and know that my family was safe from the rain. My little ones didn't even know it had rained. They were truly sheltered from this little storm. As I lay there, I began thinking about how I wish I could protect my children from all the storms of life. Physical protection seems so easy compared to the protection of worldly influences. I sometimes struggle knowing what is the best way to teach them what they will need to help them through the storms of life that surely lie ahead. I'm amazed of how pervasive and influential worldly influences are. I know that right now during the early years of my children's life I'm laying the foundation for many things to come. I sure hope I'm doing all I can to provide them with the protection they will need. I know there will be many more sleepless nights ahead as I wonder what I can do for them. Oh the dilemmas of motherhood!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Why must you post things like this? Now I am going to lay awake tonight...
You are so right, though.