Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blessings Abound

I've been thinking a lot of all the blessings that we have received of late. The first and foremost is that my children are HEALTHY! We haven't had health insurance for four months, which is risky with an infant and a toddler. However, we haven't needed it. Yes it would be nice to find out if Gideon really does have eczema and what his projectile vomiting is all about but he is growing and developing well. I know with so many sicknesses in the air and the near misses of serious injury that we have been blessed in this regard. Another huge blessing is that we have been able to spend some serious family time together. I love having my husband home during the day. He loves to play with the kids and does so often giving me a little time for other things. It'll be quite a transition when he goes off to work again. And lastly we both have awesome families nearby that have been extremely supportive. Sierra loves playing with her cousins and I love that our parents get to do so much grandparenting. I am so grateful for these seemingly simple blessings that mean so much to us right now.
Gideon sacked out after a long day

Sierra making Valentine Cookies with Grandma Forbush

1 comment:

Dave and Becky said...

How great of you to stop and count your blessings. I know how hard it can be, but honestly, that is what has gotten me through too. It takes a while to get used to having your hubby around, but Dave and I have so gotten used to it now and I love it! Quite the opposite from when he was in school! :) Anyway, I am proud of you for your good attitude when there are plenty of reasons to look for the bad things. Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
~Becky Sattler
p.s. Gideon sure looks like his daddy!