Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sickies

I've spent the last two days laying on my bed with two sick kids laying on me. I've watched more TV in these two days then in the last two months- ok not quite but it feels like it. It's days like these that I'm grateful I get to be home with them and especially grateful that we have insurance now (it only took 4 months) so a doctor visit is possible. Sierra has a respiratory infection which triggered her asthma. I've suspected she's had asthma for a while, but now that I have an official prognosis I can treat her more effectively- bring on the breathing treatments! I haven't taken Gideon into the doctor because what can they do- he throws up everything that enters his mouth. I just heard the finishing beep of the fourth load of throw-up laundry today. Craig has been out of town- he always seems to be out of town when the kids are ill. He was in Colorado last week and is in Texas this week. They can't be sick forever and the down time has been relaxing but I'm ready to get out of this room!

3 comments:

Cnbztribe said...

Sorry to hear that your kids were sick. I know how that feels. Atleast you weren't sick, there's nothing worse than a sick mother. Am I right? Love ya! Britta

Joy said...

Oh my gosh, I was right there with you last week. The flu is truly AWFUL!! Obviously, if he gets dehydrated, he will need an IV. I hope it doesn't get to that point. Good luck.

Webster Family said...

good luck Lynette! Sick kids are the worse and it is even worse when the dad is MIA. :)