Saturday, January 26, 2008

News Update

We are enjoying our first real winter since we've been married (7 years). It's snowed off and on all week and has been pretty cold. I love looking out at the white landscape and hunkering down with some hot chocolate. Perhaps because we haven't endured many winters I am loving this one.



News on the job front: Craig had a great interview for a job here in Reno last week and he is flying to Texas and Mississippi next week for interviews there. We are hopeful that one of the three will work out.



News on the family front: My mother-in-law had surgery last week and has been recuperating at home. She's pretty much on bed rest so Sierra always has someone to snuggle with and watch movies. Renae came to Arizona after Gideon was born and helped out so it's nice to return that favor. Though I must say taking care of our 800 square foot apartment pales in comparison to their 5000+ square foot house.

My dad had hip replacement surgery this week and is now home from the hospital. I am grateful that we are close by to help out with his recovery which will be quite extensive.



News on the children front: Sierra and Gideon are pretty much on the same nap schedule and they go to bed at the same time- yeah!! It's amazing what I can get done with a couple of hours without a child in my arms or on my leg. We finally figured out that Gideon's cradle cap was actually eczema. Once we began the right treatment it cleared right up. He is a much happier baby now without that itchy sore head.



We are doing our Family Home Evening activity today and going swimming. Sierra asks to go swimming all the time and the bathtub just doesn't cut it. I'm looking forward to being back in the pool again as well.



2 comments:

Momma Malia said...

Brailyn had really bad exzema too. We're glad things are going well, and hope your parents/inlaws keep doing well. Hopefully these guys will find the right jobs soon. Nothing like learning patience...

Webster Family said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well! We miss you and Xander still says, Sierra move, every time we pass your old place. I hope you are enjoying your palace and I cannot wait until my 2 are on even a similar schedule...ahhh, I'm jealous! Tell Craig good luck!