Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good Friends

I've kind of taken a summer time break from the blogging world and just now read through blogs I haven't read in a long time. There are so many wonderful things going on all over the world! What a great reminder to me of how blessed I have been throughout my life to be surrounded by inspiring people who are doing such amazing things with their lives. The Lord has blessed my abundantly with friends in the right places at the right times. I want to be like all of you!

Craig has been traveling all month and is finally home for a few weeks. Yeah!! During this time, we've really come to appreciate the time we do get to spend together as a family. I've become even more grateful for the support of friends and family that has gotten me through some long days. With him home I can start running again in the morning. I decided that I can't push a 50 pound stroller and 60 pounds worth of kids when it's 100 degrees. I can do one or the other but not both.

Craig aka the family barber cut the children's hair. It was Sierra's first hair cut and I admit I was a bit anxious over losing her baby hair. It was scraggly and she disliked anything but a headband in her hair, so it was time. It's adorable now and so much easier to comb. Gideon also got his hair cut- rather buzzed. He now looks like a big boy. Now if we could just get him to talk like a big boy. I've started teaching him a lot of sign language, which is helping lower our frustration levels. Any advice on how to deal with temper tantrums would be greatly appreciated. I stop counting how many he has if it's over a dozen and we haven't even had lunch. Thankfully, he makes us laugh just as much. Families are just like that- quite a challenge but oh so wonderful and something you wouldn't trade for the world.



Here are pictures of the children with their new hair cuts.



6 comments:

Webster Family said...

So good to hear an update! Just the other day we met a Sierra and were thinking of you guys! The kids are beautiful--I can't believe how much they have grown up. Time sure flies. Keep in touch!! And you are always welcome in OR!!

Tiffany said...

They look so cute and so grown up!

Cnbztribe said...

Very Cute! Sierra looks cute with her hair cut short and the headband in it. I wish Abby would let me put things in her hair. Gideon looks handsome too.

Erin Wittwer said...

Sierra's hair is so cute! And I don't even recognize Gideon. It sounds like you guys need a vacation. Why don't you come hang out in Jersey for a while! Our doors are always open for you guys! Sorry about Gideons tantrums. But sign language is the best thing to do for him if he is throwing tantrums because of the lack of communication between the two of you. (At least in my opinion) Good Luck

Jen Petty said...

Cute cuts! I think it's amazing that Craig did them. Thanks for the visit and clothes!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Your kids are too cute! Love the hair cuts!