Friday, June 12, 2009

Heavenly Homes

Well we just signed a six month lease extension for this tiny apartment. If it weren't for the guidance of a loving Heavenly Father reassuring me this is the best thing for our family right now, I'd lose my mind thinking about staying here longer. I'm often frustrated over the lack of space for our stuff and especially that the children really have no place to play. Last weekend, Craig and I went through all our closets yet again to organize and attempt to create a semblance of order. Because of our small space and my desire to make the best of it, I've been intrigued with the idea of creating a haven in my home. A little piece of heaven to retreat to. As I've pondered and prayed about this desire, ideas that really work have come to my mind. Slowly but surely we are building our eternal home albeit a small one.

"Actually, a home is much more than a house. A house may be constructed of lumber, brick, and stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. A house can be a home, and a home can be a heaven when it shelters a family." Thomas S. Monson

6 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Good luck! The guidance of the spirit is an amazing thing and can bring us such comfort!

Tyler said...

Lynette you are amazing. I know if anyone can make a home "heaven on earth" it is you! Good luck with trying to organize the house though. if you would like, we will take Craig's movies, playstation and games, the wii and games, etc. off your hands!
Erin Wittwer

Momma Malia said...

that's my goal too. even though we are looking to buy a house, we are still gratefull for the one we have now and i'm continuing to try to have our home be a place where we can feel peace and love. we didn't even get a converter box for our tv yet! i'm in no hurry either. maybe no tv would be a good thing for us! keep it up! you have very worthy goals.

Traeger Tribe said...

Oh Lynette you said it perfectly! We signed a lease extension through the summer (still at Suncreek) - I feel your pain and you desire to create a haven!

Jeanie Anderson said...

We just moved from our 2400 sq. foot house into a 2 bedroom condo less than half the size. Downsizing is a hard process, but at the same time it felt very cleansing to get rid of so much stuff. We are now living in Branson, Missouri. It is a great place to be, so it was worth having to give up the house I loved!

Makelle said...

You have such great optimism Lynette! You're awesome. Living in a small space is definitely not easy...but I'm sure you're making the best of it---what a great attitude you have! I love the Spirit!