Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Favorite Things

Move over Oprah- here are some of my favorite things:
Craig got me these awesome storage containers for Christmas. They are air-tight, stackable and I love being able to see how much food I have.
These are microfiber cleaning cloths that allow me to use very little cleaning products. My fixtures are shiny and my mirrors are streak free (at least for a minute). I got them at Target. They were a little pricey by my standards but are well worth it.Sneaky Chef cookbooks. Since my husband and daughter's only vegetable consumption is that found in pasta sauce, this idea works well for us. I sneak in the veggies and they eat the food and I feel great about them eating a little healthier.

Teach Me Mommy is a fantastic preschool curriculum for moms like me who want to do preschool at home with their little ones. It's simple, fun and doesn't require too much prep, yet it's effective. I've done it with Sierra for two weeks now and so far we both love it and look forward to preschool.

Wow! It's pretty obvious I'm a stay at home mom from my list. On another note, last week was a big week for us: Gideon gave up the bottle for good, Sierra gave her beloved binky to a pink bear at Build-A-Bear (it worked great!), Gideon is transitioning from two naps to one and Sierra is deciding she just may be done with naps all together. Craig went back to work after a long glorious holiday at home and Sierra started Sunbeams at church. After a holiday hiatus I started running again and Craig just got called to be the Executive Secretary at church. Whew it's been busy!

6 comments:

Momma Malia said...

i love microfiber cloths too! and clint was complaining because i bought a couple of cannisters for flour, sugar etc. 'why can't you just leave it in the bags?' because it's ugly (we don't have a pantry, so they're on the counter) and disorganized, duh!

jeanna eggers said...

So I just found your blog! so good to read what you guys are up to. Looks like you are back in Houston. So happy to see you've added another nino to your clan. I love those canisters and we are definitely working on increasing our vegetable intake too! :)

Erin Wittwer said...

I think I am going to have to get that Sneaky Chef book! Your kids are growing up so fast! Sorry about having no more naps for Sierra!

Jen Petty said...

I love those containers. You definitely need air-tight in this bug-infested humid climate of ours.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Fun! I will have to look into the teach me mommy. We are hurting for preschool!

Amy & Greg said...

THank you, thank you for saying that Sierra has just given up her binky. It doesn't make me feel so bad that ANdrew still has his. I think I am more attached to it than he is. It is so handy on rough days! I gotta get that Preschool book--oh, and the containers. THose are sweet!