Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love this holiday and the chance it provides to reflect on the abundance in life- wow we are blessed!! We were able to have two feasts- one with my family and another with Craig's. (yeah I need to start running tomorrow). I love being close to family and sharing the holidays with them. Gideon will be two months tomorrow! I can hardly believe how fast time has raced by and how much has happened in such a short amount of time. He is growing big very quickly! He weighs around 12 pounds now and seems to get chubbier by the day. He slept through the night last week- yippee! Sierra was down and out with teething and a cold but finally recovered and is back to her spirited self. She went shopping with me and my mom and two sisters after Thanksgiving and loved it all. She was mesmerized by the holiday decorations and couldn't get enough of them. My in-laws are big time Christmas aficionados so it's a lot of fun for her here. We are still on the job hunt and are praying the right job for Craig and our family comes sooner rather than later. But as we have learned many times in life- the Lord is in control and as long as we put our trust in Him we will be taken care of in His own way and in His own time.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! We miss you all the time.

Jen Petty said...

Way to go Gideon! Great sleeping! Ethan is programed to wake up at 5:00 every morning for a little snack. I'm not sure I'm ready to let him cry it out yet. It is just so much easier. He sleeps from 7:30 p.m. until 5:00, so I can't complain.

Erin Wittwer said...

Hey I am happy that you guys had a good Thanksgiving. I can't believe Gideon slept through the night! Thats great! Good luck on job hunting! Have a great Christmas.

Erin

Amy & Greg said...

so fun. We will keep you guys in our prayers. The job hunt is NO fun, but how wonderful to be with family right now--especially this time of year.

Pitzak Family said...

After seeing some riveting fishing and shotgun shooting video footage I had the random thought to Google some old friends. I see things are going very well and that you have two beautiful children. Send us an email and let us know how you are doing.